On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give my kids an 11 smile Not so much on the hyper side though, but very high energy levels combined with a equally active minds can sometimes give the impression of hyperactivity. Example - We were observing an impressive sunset the other day. DS3.8 talked/asked questions the entire time, went from room to room, out in the yard, got his telescope, book on weather etc trying to find a better vantage point. DD23mths on the other hand only watched intensely, eyebrows furrowed and all, and listened. The next morning, DD was standing looking out the window again. When I asked her what she was doing she said "I can see white sunbeams on the ceiling but the crystal [hanging in the window] makes rainbow sunbeams. Why does sunlight change colors?". She then sat for the next half hour seeing if she could reflect both the 'rainbows' and the 'white sunbeams' with her little mirror. Despite being quite verbal, DD is mostly busy (quietly) contemplating her own thoughts whereas DS involves everyone and everything in his ideas... I guess personality has much to do with how apparent (read challenging) the traits are, although in our case, the workload remains the same!