Originally Posted by Katelyn'sM om
During the past year I have read quite a bit of gifted literature and in one book (I wish I could cite it but I don't remember which one it was in.) I read a letter from a teacher to other teachers. The point of the letter was to advocate for PG kids. She argued how these kids do not show up in your classroom very often and when they do it is a once in a career opportunity. An opportunity for the teacher to be a part of the child's journey. She talked about her student who came into her life and the struggle for both of them but the amazing journey it was. It was a very heart touching letter and not that I'm saying this is what your DD's teacher was saying because we weren't there with you ... but perhaps she/he is excited for the opportunity to be apart of your child's journey. And if that is the case, this will be a teacher that will bend and search for ways to open the path for your DD so she has the opportunities to really learn.

Just the optimistic view.

I think you are referring to an article in the "High IQ Kids" book; or at least I read one that sounds like it there. It was a really refreshing take from the teacher's perspective.