I understand where you are coming from. You have spent all that time telling them about your daughter and then they suddenly pick up and run with it. As frustrating as it is, you now have the opportunity to use it to your daughter's advantage as JB has stated.

I agree with Kriston regarding the "once in a career opportunity". That was how I understood it when I read your post. Perhaps it was a poor choice of words on the teachers part. I have had teachers say to me, "in all my years teaching I have never come across a student like ...." and it has always had a positive effect on his schooling.

I know my son's school markets his abilities and it is primarly his academic talents that are used (test results etc).
I don't have an issue with this and neither does he. He is shy and reserved and doesn't like to draw attention to himself but deep down I know he takes pride in his achievements when they are publicised. I think this is due to the fact that he would never freely discuss it himself. You are right to go back and research the consent given and if need be renegotiate to something you are more comfortable with.

Finally, I think it would be a good idea to discuss with your daughter how she feels about it and take it into consideration when making your decisions.

Last edited by matmum; 11/26/09 10:33 PM.