While I have had a hunch for a while that my dd is the most PG child her school has dealt with in a long, long time, this comment is really getting under my skin. I have spend a year and a half appealing, supporting, advocating, volunteering, and small talking these people. DD is only now starting to get the amount of accleration, extension, differentiation that she needs to be happy - like its been a MONTH.

I completely agree with making sure that your DD is getting the emotional support that she needs and that she isn't being exploited in any way. Everything I say after this assumes that you're in a good place with her socially and emotionally.

While it's not fair on how you got this point, it may be that you're now going to get an opportunity to tune her education based on her needs. Again, I'm not advocating exploiting your daughter in any sense. At the same if they really do see your DD as a child who is PG and needs special attention you might be able to get better accommodations. I like to look at things from the perspective that most people (like 90% of the population) are sincerely trying to do the right thing, and aren't being nefarious. Generally they may be off because they're ignorant and just don't know. You may be able to get a quid pro quo if you say that you want to make sure that your daughter gets the educations she needs but that you need consulted prior to any publication. Use that to your advantage.

Hope that didn't come out wrong.

JB