Oh My Willa Gayle!
How sad!

I'm not really saying to back off - I want you in their faces as much as possible, but from an executive direction, not a underling direction. As we say in our house - flex those alpha muscles - of course it's usually tough with a public school, since you aren't in an Alpha positon, unless they break the law - which it sounds like they are. Your web design business sounds like something you could at least pretend to act like a big shot over. For example, Name Drop thoses local businesses! Do those local folk make any major donations to the district? ....? Or build a website for a good cause to win "Take me seriously - I'm involved with Saving the World" points.

I wish I could explain this better - and with what the teacher is going through, perhaps it's just not going to happen this year - but really, how do they think they can get away with not meeting his special ed needs?

I think you mentioned that you've hired a suit of somekind to help advocate, yes? If so, what's their take on all of this?

It's clear from here that Mite is a terrific kid, very sweet and HG or PG. Keep going! You've come a long way already!

Smiles,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com