I'll start but-tering (that should get through the censor) them up. I've already been doing volunteer work for them all -- 12 hours last week!! I'll take some treats in to them, too.

Mite does love the math teacher. She seems to be the most accomodative so far, but still isn't sure he belongs in their class.

BTW, here is a brag. Saturday he was looking at the times table and exclaimed, "Learning the TWINS will be easy"! He was pointing to 3x3, 4x4, etc. So, I took the chance to explain squares (remember he's skipping from the lowest 2nd grade math class to taking 5th grade at home...so we haven't done squares yet). He picked up on it pronto and within 5 minutes had all the squares up to 12 memorized. Today he said, on the way to school, that he wants to learn all the squares to 100. So, he asked me what they were....well, heck I don't know.

anyhow.....

but he's not gifted....just "verbally precocious".

blech!!!!!

another funny from his sped eval last May. He was asked to say two things that were alike. He said a pencil and a shoe. The examiner then asked how they were alike. Mite changed his answerto a tennis shoe and a moccasin -- they are both worn on the feet.

The examiner noted this in his notes. So, I asked Mite what he how he thought shoes and pencils were alike. He said, "Oh! They are inanimate objects." I asked why he didn't tell the examiner that. He said they didn't want to hear those ideas from someone his age!!

but he's not gifted....just verbally precocious

double blech....

ok...enough whining...thanks for the suggestions, I'll give em a try. i'm glad you all enjoy hearing about Mite. I don't have anyone to share it with. I'm glad for forums.

DA--which other forums do you use? I'm guessing SENG for one.

Willa Gayle