Originally Posted by onthegomom
My thinking has been to stimulate him without pushing him ahead because I wanted him to not be bored in school. Despite all this he is bored at school. So He can do all kinds of yo yo tricks and origami.

Ah, this brings back memories! We also went down this road - my DS could quote all of Simon and Garfunkle's lyrics in K. We also thought that if we were very good parents, and didn't step outside the lines, that we could send our DS to his regular neighborhood school and he could be a regular neighborhood kid. I really resent the extreames I went to to restrain myself from mentioning anything 'school-y' even when it came up in conversation. So preK we would talk about Infinity, but postK we only talked about topics that we were pretty sure wouldn't come up in school. And as you have found - all for nothing.

OTGMom - if you child is PG, borderline PG, or 'only HG' or 'only MG' it doesn't matter a bit - he still deserves to be taught at this readiness level. All children deserve this. It has been helpful to me to have my son score 'that way' on tests so I can 'really believe' that the reason he was bored in school wasn't some defect in his character.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com