Let say you have a child who has all the characteristics with PG like obsessive learning but in 1st and 2nd grade didn't learn anything accept at home. At the end of 2nd, They take an achievement test. Wouldn't they have a disadvantage because they were not exposed to opportunities and thus have a less achievement compared to another child who was actually taught something in a school. Could one child be more capable but not do as well from lack of exposure. Does an achievement test show their capacity to learn? Or just what they have learned? I would think if a child has very good comprehension that show potential for learning. Is this where the IQ tests gives more info.

My thinking has been to stimulate him without pushing him ahead because I wanted him to not be bored in school. Despite all this he is bored at school. So He can do all kinds of yo yo tricks and origami. But of course if he got excited about castles I would get him books from the library.

Would all of this come into consideration when applying to DYS. For example my son was doing multiplication and division in K. I'm thinking this is PG? But has not really been exposed to challenging math since then due to switching schools. Instead, I encouraged depth like logical Math - Mindware books. (I'm not Mathie so I'm guessing this is out of the box stuff) So does he look like less math potential due to lack or exposure despite he could of done more in 1st & 2nd if someone gave him the opportunity. Could someone with less exposure have more potential and DYS see that?