Hard to do could certianly mean - "difficult to force myself to do." At 4 one isn't ususally expected to have this kind of fortitude.

I strongly reccomend the book "Why Bright Kids get Poor Grades." by Sylvia Rimm. she talks about this in detail.

Best wishes with the Christmas trip.

As for eye exercises - is she bribe-able? It seems a shame that she has to do them with you at home - isn't there a therapist who is trained at making it fun.

A different idea is to make yourself to them in some obvious way, and complain, "My eyes, my eyes, "They are so tired." "
Do the excersizes and say, "My eyes, they feel better and stronger now."
"But I don't want to sit by myself and do these, can you sit with me and do them with me?"
Then, when you are playing catch, "I'm so proud of my eyes, look how good they are since I practiced!"

She may see right through it, but I'll bet she will appreciate the effort! Who wouldn't? And she probably has an amazing sence of pride, that may have her stuck in a corner she can't get out of, so seeing you clown may be enough to gently move her out of that corner.

Of course you don't have time, and it might take months and months, ((shrug)) but what choice do you have?

Trinity

Perhaps a little bit of Theatre is called for?

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com