Good Job Isa!

How did you feel?
Accepting of the "Montessori - We Will Guide You!" in action, or furious? Accepting of the "please help me, I'm so weak" act, or furious?

Did you get a chance to look at her during reading and writing? Did the other children read the books or is that considered "social suicide" as my DS likes to say?

Can you put her in the old kid room for a trial?

Is she learning anything that you want her to learn, I mean besides "I have to be sneaking to have myself."

For the record. I think pulling her to homeschool could be confusing, but that would probably be worth it is she isn't getting a darn thing out of school. Does she enjoy the other children?

At this age, it's all about enjoyment. If they aren't having fun learning or socializing, I think that's a preety clear sign that it isn't a good fit.

Do they read aloud to the class? If so, is the level of book that they choose anywhere near appropriate? One big advantage of homeschooling in my eyes would be to read to her books that she wants to hear, and your old favorites. I read "Wrinkle in Time" to my DS at age 4 and he just loved it. I believe that's a safe way of "pushing" her in the reading direction. You certainly want her in that older class when she 'has' to be in school at 5.

Do they have Steiner/Waldorf schools in your area?

Regards,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com