That is my main thing too, to have it acknowledge for his self esteem. He will say he is "stupid" when he has trouble with things and that just breaks my heart. I would love to have his abilities acknowledged by someone other than me because he thinks I think he is smart just because I'm his mother. When he didn't make it into the GT program in 2nd grade he said "that's ok, I won't be the smart guy, I'll just be the sports guy". This was said through his disappointment and some tears (both his and mine - though I tried to be positive) and again, it just broke my heart.

I am so happy for you that your school is affirming what you already know and is helping you out with your daughter. Sounds like you have a great school. My school is really good too in a lot of ways, but they don't know anything about 2e's. The school won't do anything about his LD because they say "you aren't eligible for services if you aren't already receiving services", which is completely stupid in my opinion. The thing is if he was recognized for GT he would be "receiving services" and could be acknowledged for his LD!!! How crazy is that??? But I am taking care of his vision therapy and getting him what he needs there.

Thanks for the response. You've really given me some things to think about. :-)