Thank you too, Dottie! I feel like I "know" he is gifted and I know he has an LD but my state doesn't seem to care. So even if I go have him evaluated I'm not sure what that would do for him. Would they care even then??

From the perspective of a 2e parent, what has being labeled GT done for your DD? Is the program of such quality that it has definitely helped her? Or has it opened other avenues for your enriching her education? That is the type of question I'm struggling with. If I go through all the testing and I get acknowledgement of his giftedness, then what? What will it help him on a practical level? I just don't know because I don't know what my county would do with the information. And I don't know of any other benefit out there that would be opened up to him. I don't really see him scoring high enough for Davidson's although I could be selling him short I guess!! :-)

I guess I want to know that there would be some definite benefit to him to go about obtaining the label. And I know you don't know the answers to all of these questions, but I'd be interested in hearing thoughts on the subject.