The whole research study was quite interesting because I wanted to know if my son was able to quickly modify his own behavior when dealing with ADHD issues. There were other students participating from the area as well as other states who were also gifted/ADHD... I think one may have been dyslexic.

My son tells me he enjoyed the strategies and he seemed eagar to try them when school started. I can't really tell if these exercises or strategies are working for him... he tells me he uses them occassionally. His teenage hormones seems to be causing an influx of issues this year.

If I was to determine what made the most significant change in producing more consistent grades... it would be medication. He tells me he was able to concentrate much more effectively instead of having various sounds and thoughts going on at the same time. Another problem I think we all are dealing with is overexcitabilities... with the combination of hormones and emotional maturity evolving.... I'll just say I am so glad I am not a teenager anymore.

Research and personal experience lends me to believe it is possible to "re-train" the brain, to some extent.

I also believe we can "re-train" our brains. I've been reading a few brain research studies where modifying behavior was compared with brain scans and I'm amazed at the differences these studies are showing.