Okay, Trinity. You aren't going to love this. Our tester says that he has seen kids in the magnet with IQ of 125. He has seen child with IQ of 160 get turned away. No valid reasons. As far as visiting the magnet....The gifted coordinator for the district is somewhat weak. They don't want to give you any info until your child takes the CogAt in third grade. Yes, that's right, you heard me. Their group IQ screener trumps my WISC and WPPSI. C-dog is the youngest. The oldest is 99.9 on the newer WISC. She is doing well because her personality is more tolerant. They think she is a superstar and she does nothing in school. C-dog's teacher thinks eldest is "a tough act to follow", therefore maybe C-dog shouldn't be in enrichment because it's too much pressure for her. The thing is there are lots of kids in the gifted category here, and all the parents think their kid is the smartest. There is not enough resources to go around. I'm a squeaky wheel kind of a person, so I'm definately working for it. I will try to look into the magnet program, cause if I go through all this for a stinky program, Ima gonna be mad..............there are politics and posturing going on here. I volunteer at the school......quite a bit....I don't have a pushy rep with most of the personnel. Not sure what's up with K teacher, except she's retiring this year and probably doesn't want to deal with me. Some how I kind of can't blame her. The principal is not a bad guy. He is very knowlegeable, just has a different opinion on how the gifted kids fare in school. There will be no slithering with him, but thanks for the suggestion. I like all these free flowing ideas, though. Giving me a lot of pause. I certainly wouldn't want to be on the other side of a negotiation table from any of you!

Peace,
Incog