Hello all,

Thanks for all the kind words and good advice. Yes, I think C-dog would do better if she is accelerated. UNFORTUNATELY.....the principal has a PG son and was a gifted teacher/coordinator in another school district. He is patently against acceleration and WON'T do it! That was the recommendation for both the girls by our tester and he would go to bat if he didn't already know it would be a waste of his time.
Main dilemma: Our school district has an inhouse gifted program and a magnet for the top 2%. Realistically the top 1% get into the magnet and our district attracts the gifted crowd, so it's as good as it gets for public. BUT, it doesn't really start till 4th grade, if your child can wait that long.
The "enrichment" that precedes it is highly (or maybe even profoundly) fishy smile. If we pull out to homeschool, she will never get into the magnet even if we come back. It seems to be the accepted belief that no other private school is good enough (certainly no home school environment) so when the kids come back into the system, boy, they couldn't have possibly kept up with the others (sarcasm) -hey I'm getting the hang of this thing!- So our decision basically boils down to suffer now or later for C-dog. The tester has started to have me communicate to the teacher to make some accomodations and has communicated that it is a CONFIDENCE issue. The teacher implied I am "working her too hard at home" and maybe she is shutting down when she gets to school. I'm sure she has seen her share of this; not an issue at my house. The girls lead me in terms of their interests and sometimes beg to do WORKBOOKS (gag) because they are voracious little sponges. Big discrepency between what she does at home and what she is doing at class. So, we will test the waters with how far they are willing to go to accomodate in class. And Trinity, I just made an appointment with an eye doctor, we'll see what happens. That was one of the things in the back of my mind but your thoughts triggered my action.

Thanks!!!

Incog