Another thought on the reading is she is just waiting until she had the skills to read what she WANTS to read. My son could sound out words (painfully) and had pre-literacy skills (letters, sounds) well before kindergarten. He wasn't a true reader before kindergarten. He was doing other stuff before kindy that now hind sight were signs of giftedness But because he was not a true reader we never really thought of him as gifted. He was just our kid - which we assumed was a normal kid. Normal preschoolers want you research chrysalis with them for hours on end, etc right?

Anyway, my son went from barely getting through level 1 books to Harry Potter reading skills in kindergarten. He's in first grade now and reads somewhere close to the 6th grade level. He's always carrying a book around. And for him the target reading level was I think at least 3rd grade before he started happily reading on his own. He also tested above the 99th percentile in the tests our school district uses. So you may see a really big jump all at once. My son is an all or nothing kind of kid and has confidence issues - like he wants to be able to do something perfectly before he's willing to demonstrate what he's capable of. Even now, he's not super confident about reading out loud. But will happily devour chapter books on his own and then summarize the plot.

Anyway - we have the same issue with our school district. They give these tests and then teachers have their own agenda. I have heard teachers at our school openly criticizing them at meetings and saying they mean nothing, etc. I'm trying to prepare something to say to our conferences in a couple weeks. I'd love to homeschool too, but my husband is not there yet. Anyway - I'm still new at this too and have no particular advice, but good luck! Misery loves company right?