Welcome Dorthy S -

The Iowa Acceleration Scale is an instrument to gather various data and help with decision making when considering a grade skip for children in grades K-8th. There is a delightful book about it called the Iowa Acceleration Scale Manual, which is worth owning.

You daughter, however, is already proving herself more than any predictive instrument could do. You thinking about the drawbacks to subject acceleration are right on, so yes, I would encourage you to seek the gradeskip. She may also need additional subject accelerations on top of the full skip, or future skips with scores like she has. Take the first step and then monitor and take the second step...

BTW - don't give up on getting your son into a 'better fit' academic environment, even if it's only during the summer, doing a talent search summer camp, or at a saturday gifted class. Or maybe they would let him get that 'one day' program with older kids? Post more about him and his interests and we'll help you think about him. And, I do hear you kicking yourself over not asking for more when he was little. It's ok to have regret, but in the long run, you have to play the hand your were dealt, and remember that we weren't for you here 6 years ago. I'm so glad that we are NOW!

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com