Ok, It's me again with another update. This one not so good. When I went to pick up DD6 from 1st grade today she barely made it to me at the bottom of the stairs before falling into my arms crying about how horrible 1st gr is and how she doesn't want to be a first grader anymore etc etc.

Eventually it came out that they don't have snack time in 1st grade and she didn't know when they were doing what so she was very confused and didn't like it and never wanted to go back there fulltime.
(Apparently everyone - teacher included- forgot that she doesn't know the routine because she has been up there so much for so long they all assumed that she knew the deal.

Needless to say it was a long afternoon/evening with lots of breakdowns over silly things and we just got her to bed still asking if she ever has to go back again. I know we made the right decision and that she will adjust soon, but in the meanwhile it could be a long hard week.

She did not once complain about anything academic or social, in fact she was pretty excited about now having an AR goal for the reading program they do, and that they got to go the 2nd grade for something too.

Isn't life with an OE emotional kid wonderful crazy