So, we went for testing this morning. DS had good sleep, a good breakfast...overall, a really good morning. Apparently the test started well, but then he just shut down. The tester came out to get me and asked if I could get him back on track - he just told me he was "done with this" and wouldn't answer any of her questions (they were at the beginning of a new section). Finally, he said that "donuts" would help him answer so I got him some...and he answered most of the questions, though he was rolling around on a futon, etc. while he did it. But, apparently, he still refused to answer a lot and answered pretty flippantly, etc. on others. His score ended up a 142 (99.7%), but from some of the ones she said he missed/refused to answer (that I am 100% certain he knows the answer to), I suspect it is higher. But, that could be the right score - I'm not going to grasp at straws on the number. I guess that does put him in the "pretty gifted" category, right? But, does it seem high enough to support my theory that he is totally bored with early 4YO work at his Montessori school?

The tester seemed to think "yes," and recommended that we take him out if they wouldn't give him more challenging work - she felt like he should be in at least the "Kindergarten" part of the curriculum right now. She also recommended other schools in town that she thought would be good for him (including the gifted Charter school and gifted Magnet school here - his scores allow him to apply to both). Now that there is more data, any other thoughts? Oh, and here's the original topic...

*** Link no longer working ***

And while I'm asking, has anyone had their child evaluated for ADHD, and if so, what was involved? Seeing his performance this morning does make me wonder if he just can't stay in control, and I do wonder how the scores would have changed if he could have held it together during the test.

Thanks for any and all insight on any or all of these topics! smile