As I expected, you all have offered some fantastic perspective, thoughts and additional reading (we LOVED the article from the Austin parenting magazine...identical situation, though we're not at the same school). As an update, he was given a new lesson on Wednesday that he had sought for over a year - painting (actually considered a relatively complex work in Montessori because of the prep and clean-up required by the child) - and his creativity has run wild. He has regaled us repeatedly with tales of what he will paint each day, and I'm so eager to see his work bag this afternoon. And, as I would have predicted, he has had NO discipline problems. None.

We're extremely excited about testing next week - the psychologist testing him is one recommended by the gifted Charter school here, and she has lots of experience with gifted kids. I have an acquaintance whose son scored 155 with her at 4, so she clearly is comfortable with very gifted children. We figure that if he tests high, she will be able to help us with which options to choose for his schooling as well as help us pull apart what, if any, parenting or medical issues we are dealing with. If he tests lower, perhaps she can also help us with those things.

I'll look forward to having test scores next week to know if we truly belong here, and, if so (as we hope and honestly expect), I look forward to being an active part of the community here. Thanks so much for all of your help!