Hi Rachibaby,
I've very excited for you that assesment has been approved. This is a significant departure from standards, yes?
(what's a g.p.?)
I do keep hearing that he is too old for the WPPSI, but I've never heard that a child of that age is too young for the WISC.

What age of readers does he compare to?

I do think that getting someone who is familiar with the more extreame end of gifted will be key, a child of his description is ripe for 'Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnosis.'

I wouldn't wait for an assesment, though, because it seems like you and the school are jumping out of your skins.

Favorite books:
Originally Posted by http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/gifted_102.htm
If you suspect your child might be twice exceptional, you should read Misdiagnosis And Dual Diagnoses Of Gifted Children And Adults: ADHD, Bipolar, OCD, Asperger's, Depression, And Other Disorders by James T. Webb, Edward R. Amend, Nadia E. Webb, Jean Goerss, Paul Beljan, F. Richard Olenchak, and Sharon Lind

Sylvia Rimm has written many books on 'Child Management' - and while I find her advice difficult, it's been quite useful. She has written a lot,and is a bit repetitive, but perhaps to start with 'Smart Parenting: How to Raise a Happy, Achieving Child.' I find her most satisfing book to be 'Why Bright Kids Get Poor Grades: And What You Can Do About It' - which seems a bit 'ahead of the game' for you, but in it she lays out the whole picture, from babyhood on that creates these unwanted behaviors, so if you want to read something meaty, I'd point to that one.

You may also want to look through the parenting articles on Hoagie's Page:
http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/parenting.htm

And of course, I'll remind you that self-care is just as important to Mums of difficult gifted kids as it is to Mums of difficult 'special needs' children, and encourage you to keep trying to nurture yourself and get a moment off. He sounds so delightful in so many ways, that I'd rather you be a bit selfish and get some of your needs met so you can enjoy him more than just martyr yourself here. To some point it just can't be helped, but do try, ok?

Best Wishes Dear,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com