Hi. I have posted here before about my ds5.

A brief history is that he is very very active, defiant, rude and totally, totally out of the box.

He started school in September and although I have always had trouble managing his behaviour he has got worse since then.

If he is occupied and busy in meaningful activities he is fine but he is so fast at everything that nothing seems to challenge him. I bought some star wars lego for christmas which is for ten upwards hoping that that would take a few days to do and he whizzed through it in about three hours and that was that. The same with some k-nex and the telescope, human body book, calculator. As soon as he masters something which he does first or second time he does not want to do it again.

He is not good doing anything with me, as he does not listen or take any advise and I just seem to wind him up. At the same time he wants me beside him all the time, just in case he needs me and won't wait. I don't think this is good for him and discourage it.

He baits me constantly, the latest trick is to follow me round copying everything I do and say. I can't tell you how frustratuing this is.

Anyway I do have a sympathetic g.p who after much hoop jumping etc is prepared to send him for assessment.

This assessment lasts two days and is very thorough. They test everything, adhd,aspergers, development disorders.

I had him tested on wppsi at four, but he did not cooperate and although had a 16 and 19 the rest were lower. I wonder if the first two were the first two tests administered and then he lost interest. He got a 7 on the symbol search as he just totally mucked about and tried to change the task. Does anyone know the order the subtests are administerd in or is that priveleged info not to be disclosed.

My question is this. He is five years and four months, should I hold off the testing until he can be tested on the wisc? Or should I research someone to administer the sbv? I seem to remember that that favours the mathy kids, which I believe he is. Also it changes from subtest to subtest to keep the interest high? He is very stubborn and emotionally young and does not always cooperate.

My fear is that this testing might show nothing and that I will have to wait again to test. I know in my heart that he is very very bright, but I need to know exactly where he is to sort something out at school.

Anybody know where I can get the sbv done in England?

Any advise gladly recieved. Thanks