Good Luck Sarah!
A lot of measures of "maturity" are at odds with gifted kid's particular struggles. My DS11 was never very good at "sharing the teacher's attention" while placed with age mates. They told me that this was a sign of immaturity. I believed them, why not? Short Answer - Folks who can talk, and have conversations seek out other people to have conversations with. In a single age preschool classroom, the teacher is that "other person" from a gifted preschooler's viewpoint.

Sarah, If your daughter is Level II, that's wonderful. I don't remember any of the details of those years except the "deep philosphical discussions" that I though all kids were having with their Moms at age 3. All children are completely "just right" what ever their developmental path might be, and Level II in particular is a wonderful path to walk. This board is open to all, but does tend to attract the Level III and ups, I think, so if she reminds you of the other kids around here, just keep an eye on her, in case, ok? I missed the boat entirely, so I always worry that other people will too.

Best Wishes,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com