Originally Posted by mygirlsmommy
I'm looking forward to preschool. I'm mainly sending her to prepair her socially, etc for Pre-K and K.

Hi mygirlsmommy,
You do have a bright one on your hands. If you calculate her to be an estimated Ruf Level I or II, preschool can be something to look forward to, but it she is III or beyond, I would not expect that interacting with agemates would prepare her socially for anything. For example, if you adopted a normal 5 year old, would you put her in a preschool class with all 3 year olds, because the child had never been to school before and therefor you should "start at the begining?" More than that, would you expect the 5 year old to be helped by this experience. I'm not saying that your 3 year old is a 5 year old. She is many ages in many different areas, and unlike over 80% of your neighbors, you can't expect the "normal progression" to nescessarily fit her individual needs. Spend some time observing the classroom she will be placed in, and get a feel for what percentage of the day is "academically oriented" and what the other children do for fun. Perhaps she can be placed with older kids?

Best Wishes,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com