Well it is actually a Head-Start program, which I haven't received much information about. I believe head Start is just a California thing? It's a free preschool program, anyway I have the choice to either have him taught at a center or (because we're in the country) in my home. I was planning on him being taught in the center, just for the social interaction, I haven't really decided which would be best for him. I haven't really read any books about giftedness yet. I do have one book I haven't really read much of yet called " Stand up for Your Gifted Child". I did read the small poppies article on here though, and was amazed that from what I read, he might be highly gifted? Anyway, I guess you can't really know until they're old and can be tested. How old can a child be tested at? Where do you take them to be tested? Does having them tested benefit them?
What kids of things do your gifted children do that surprizes you. I have loved hearing things people wrote about in the forums.
Today we were making patterns with wooden lacing beads, and when Andrew was done he lined up 3 circular ones and put two beads up and down on each side and said, "Look, it's a Dragonfly".