Well, nobody said this was going to be easy! smile I agree wholeheartedly with CFK that it would be a very difficult decision to send your child into high school at 10 or 11.

I didn't make myself clear as to what the psychologist told us. She told us a variety of school choices, including homeschooling and tutors, would likely be necessary. She recommended that we could try to weave our child back in to high school when he was close to high school age - the years up to then could be filled with the other options - the best of which would be finding a school willing and able to accommodate. She recommended some sort of study abroad/sabbatical for the family during DS's middle school years for the very reason that he would be too young for high school (and since by middle school he'd be done with the curriculum). She was shooting for college at just a year early for us, if possible. She also said we'd probably have to move if we wanted DS to have decent school choices.

So, what we end up doing remains to be seen. This is just particular advice to us based on family personalities and the tester's experience with HG kids and what has worked for some. The point, I guess, is that if you have an HG kid, you're in for a challenge, emotionally and financially.