It sounds like you are doing all the right things. That's too bad about the 22% cutoff - but the fact that everything is typed in 2 years takes away a lot of reasons they might give you for not allowing typed (e.g., they won't know if the student did his own work).
Originally Posted by elh0706
I also did get a revision to the earlier email saying that the troubles that my son is having should be treated as a learning challenge and that she is glad to see him having to struggle to learn. In theory, I applaud the concept, the biggest issue I have with the school system is that to date DS has not been forced to learn how to learn. However, I think that an integral part of learning how to learn is getting some constructive feedback on how to improve.

Well said. I think this is an area where your teacher appears to be lacking. It sort of seemed like she thought that the gifted kids should be able to figure something out without explanation. But gifted kids still need to be taught.

I'm glad you took the advice of the less-hotheaded parents around, so you don't burn any bridges. smile