The school will not allow him to keyboard for a variety of reasons. The funniest being that then they can�t tell if it is his work.

I'd guess that wouldn't be defensible in court based on his IEP.
Even if you don't pursue this through a lawyer, which you could, I recommend you question it. Any student's parent/s could write a paper for their child and then have the kid re-write it in their own handwriting. Jeesh...grasping at straws is an understatement.

Having him orally record his assignments should be an acceptable alternative for him writing them depending on what the IEP says.

I know I need to bring the writing issues up but I just don�t know how to do it without sounding like I�m whining!

Why do you think you would be seen as whining? Your son has an IEP. I don't know that much about dysgraphia, isn't it considered a disability, like a learning disability?

She included a line saying that the gifted students needed to learn they weren't so smart anyway.

Lets hope what she really meant was: All children need the opportunity to meet with an appropriate challenge because successfully navigating challenges helps them develop good self-esteem and learn how to triumph over adversity.

Her homework for writing assignments should only take 10 minutes according to her. DS spends 2-3 hours on them

However, THAT ain't it! It looks more like a teacher who is penalizing a student for a documented disability. Although, again, I don't know what the IEP says. You may want to take a closer look. I don't think this is an issue that can be resolved in a 10 minute conference.