Thank you all for the support! It helped to calm me down alot. DH wrote a letter to the teacher last night asking for clarifification and a meeting to discuss what specific concepts and assignments are causing problems for our son. I also have some feelers out to other parents of children in the same class to see if they are running into the any of the same issues. So far it sounds like there might be a common theme going on.

In terms of the his IEP and dysgraphia. What I hear from the school is that since DS is only 22% delayed in fine motor skills to his chronological age, he does not meet the 25% delayed criteria for classroom accommodations. They do tell me that in 2 more years all assignments are typed... The conversation I had with a state advocate supported the school's position. I am pursuing this further.

I also did get a revision to the earlier email saying that the troubles that my son is having should be treated as a learning challenge and that she is glad to see him having to struggle to learn. In theory, I applaud the concept, the biggest issue I have with the school system is that to date DS has not been forced to learn how to learn. However, I think that an integral part of learning how to learn is getting some constructive feedback on how to improve.

Again I really do thank you all! Being able to sound off here, probably prevented some major damage done to the school relationships!