well were told that the principal was revising the 504, but it wasn't revised.

Our DS7 like many GT kids, had handwriting issues. We actually I think he is right on target for a 7 year old. At any rate they were talking about getting him a scribe for the state test. Which I wasn't too keen on, but I thought, well, they do need him to past that test and they are putting him ahead a year.

At the meeting they asked if it would be ok if they could be flexible about that and leave it up to his teachers. She said since the 3rd grade test wasn't writing intensive, she didn't think he needed it.

Then we met this new teacher she will be working with DS7 in a pull out with some of 5th graders who need extra help in reading. She asked what we would like to see him learn in english and in math. Did we think he could do the 5th grade math. I explained that he could do it, but that he need to learn how he got his answers, or what order of operiation he used. She said great.

I told them I had gotten in contact with the DI and that I was going to try to get him a programing mentor. The psycologist wrote it down and said she would look to.

The teacher, who we observered last year and picked to be his teacher, is great and seems to really understand him. She has 2 at home like him.

We picked him up early from school and he was happy, had a great day!

Last edited by ienjoysoup; 09/19/08 03:10 AM.