Originally Posted by chris1234
Val, I am not at all familiar with Uncle Scrooge, I will google that one for sure....
thanks again everyone!!

Uncle Scrooge is an extremely wealthy, extremely miserly duck from Disney. He's Donald Duck's uncle.

His extreme wealth often leads Donald and his three nephews (Huey, Dewey, and Louie) off on great world (or outer space) adventures. The adults usually get the group into trouble, sometimes/often because Scrooge makes a bad decision due to his miserliness. The three nephews are the clever ones in the family, and typically have to save the two grown-ups from their own boneheadedness. You can probably see why these comics appeal to kids.

Side characters include Magica de Spell, a magic sorceress who's after Scrooge's cherished "first dime" and the Beagle Boys, a band of criminals who always dream up cunning plans to steal his fortune.

I've always favored the stories by Carl Barks, who's now seen as a genius in his area. He was able to write on two levels: one that appealed to adults, and one that appealed to kids. His stories were full of caricatures. I will admit that I still read this stuff occasionally.

Don Rosa was another brilliant Donald/Scrooge author.

They're available in editions by a company called Gladstone. Gladstone was, I think, the first publisher to start identifying Carl Barks & Don Rosa/publishing their stories in dedicated volumes.

Val