It has been a while, i feel like I owe this group an update.

Spring and summer last year (his freshman year in high school)was worst with my son's motivation and attitude. Things have been improving steadily and magically since fall of his sophomore year and he is a different person today in terms of organization, maturity and motivation. He finished his summer debate camp online with extremely heavy work load for 7 weeks, while taking a college Spanish class and got an A+. He also found time to write a 10-page critical essay and several other writing pieces. Yesterday was first day of his Junior year, he was super organized and has a plan for everything. He get up 7am in the morning and go for a jog before starting his classes and he helps with dishes in the evening.

We tried to do everything possible, but none of these things mattered. Just before we wanted to get him tested for ADHD and try medication, he started to change. I think it definitely has to do with age and maturity. I feel grateful for this group and want to tell others with similar kids in middle school and lower high school to stay hopeful.

Last edited by purpleviolin; 08/21/20 10:04 AM.