Focus on interesting subjects is not difficult for many ADHD kids. It's the power to focus on the uninteresting things that is where the rubber meets the road. They can hyperfocus on the cool things they like. My DS loves cars and will spend hours reviewing specs, articles, test drives, etc. Social media is a significant trigger for many kids (as it is for adults) and they cannot turn it off often times.

My DS is not hyperactive either.

The lies I can relate to as well since the judgment can be affected. When they are asked, "Did you do XYZ?", they easiest answer is "Yes" even if they have not. It's the path of least resistance. Anywhere from brushing teeth to doing homework.
It was a real problem in the family for a while because it did not make sense. "How could you forget to X, we just told you 15 times?" My DH had real issues with him for a while because he is the polar opposite. Plus my DD11 who is in 6th grade is also the polar opposite, stellar student, followed all directions, organized, and an outstanding athlete. She is gifted as well but not to the level of DS likely.

Sports were a problem for DS because he could not follow the directions and lacked the processing speed to understand the most basic of plays in any team sport. It all makes sense now when I look back on it. Sports were not interesting for him, hence, no focus. Poor kid, it was hard in our sports-obsessed area where we live.

If you have not, I urge you to visit the CHADD.org website. It is very helpful.