Originally Posted by LMom
Originally Posted by Wren
And she didn't say kids capable of going to college at 10, she said going to college at 10. I think those that really half to, because they are that far ahead and want to continue is smaller than just saying PG could go.

I know she didn't say that I did. You see to me PG kid who doesn't go to college at 10 doesn't have to be any less gifted than PG kid who does so. I think it's an enormous decision to send you kid f/t to college at such young age and I do believe lots of parents try to look at other options such as mentors, p/t college classes.

Not to go off on a tangent, but I want to agree with LMom. Even among the DYS crowd, I've seen few kids going full-time to college before 13, though many are doing college-level work (and beyond!) years before that in various different fashions. So much depends on the personality of the kid and the options available to the family. I know we have enough colleges around our area that I doubt we'd have to go the full-time route more than a year early, even if DS7 is ready long before that. We have access to a wide variety of resources that make me think full-time early college isn't ever going to be necessary for us.

There are many ways to meet the needs of a PG child; college is just one of them, and not choosing that particular option doesn't necessarily mean the child is any less GT.

Kriston