SaturnFan, I apologize if it comes off as elitist, or privileged. I'm very aware of that danger, that's why I chose the adult age-specific forum of a site that's only of interest to people dealing with gifted issues. It felt like a safe place to let down my guard and express my actual thoughts rather than the sanitized ones that make people feel more comfortable with me.

MsFriz, your post gives me something to be grateful for today. The one thing people want is to know that they aren't alone. I've had many of the same thoughts you express.

I have ordered two more books to read Dabrowski's Positive Disintegration and Living with Intensity.

I've searched a lot for gifted adult communities online and aside from paid groups and Facebook groups and paid Facebook groups this is the most active I've found. It's sad to see comments and blog posts on other sites that resonate and then see that the last activity was five years ago. If nothing else, you can talk to me. So that's a start.

I have articles that I'd like to share with my boss that lay out exactly how I feel. They literally describe all of the problems I have and how other people perceive those problems. But I feel like I couldn't share those without blacking out the word 'gifted' to avoid appearing elitist.

I'm not looking for pity. I'm looking for understanding that just like getting good grades doesn't mean kids don't need help, having a good paying job doesn't mean adults need help. And when I say help I mean in an emotional, philosophical sense. I never stop asking why. That's my problem. Compulsive why.

Sidebar: I'm also trying to express myself in creative fiction (graphic novel in my case) and realized my best course might be to use my real world experiences and dilemmas to define my characters. I'm just currently struggling through a trough of motivation.