DS is in 7th grade. He does really well in most areas and really likes school. But he has always had trouble copying things from the board into his notebook.

This year, he is required to copy a list of the day's work into the calendar book (called agenda) that he is required to have. This isn't his homework assignment he is supposed to be writing. It is just a list of what they will be doing in class.

He was supposed to do this every year, but it was not tied to the grade. He thought it was useless and never did it. This year he says it is part of the grade and is very worried that he will not be able to get it copied.

His handwriting is fine and he can write his own stories or answers without problems. It is the issue of copying verbatum from the board that is the problem.

We saw an optometrist who gave us eye exercises for convergence insufficiency. This has helped with copying page to page but not with board to page. Some of it is just that it is boring and he thinks it's stupid. I do tend to agree. I want him to spend his time keeping track of his homework, not what they did in class. But I doubt I have much say in this.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Any strategies for getting it done as painlessly as possible.

DS does not have any formally diagnosed 2E issues, but probably has some level of ADD.