Originally Posted by aquinas
Exactly. It's a source of constant frustration for me to see others and how far they fall short of their potential, be it emotional/relational/professional/ethical, etc. I just want to shake them and say, "I don't have to dilute myself just because you choose not to reach your potential."
It's not surprising that a number of people on this forum seem to feel that way. By way of contrast, rather than being disappointed in others, I'm always second-guessing myself instead. My reaction to this might have something to do with my MBTI type. I am actually an ENFP-T, and it's a strong T. I guess the T stands for unsure of yourself, etc. And it fits with my thoughts on this subject: I always think I haven't contributed enough, haven't accomplished enough, am not advocating sufficiently for our DSs, etc.

As for others, I just constantly walk around wondering how amazing the world could be if we could somehow harness all of that lost potential. G/T or not, I am quite certain that every individual on this earth has untapped abilities. What would it be like if every individual could be assessed and then nurtured?