Originally Posted by Val
That B.A. (instead of a B.S.) means that she opted for a "traditional liberal arts degree with a curriculum based across the natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities."

...So?

I buy your argument that this piece is not based on the work of a bona fide mathematician. But I resent your implication that a B.A. is not a valid degree, or that it nullifies the degree's "STEM-y-ness". I'm also not stoked about the way you've apparently linked this person's possession of a B.A. with her status as an "ignorant person."

(I have a B.A. in physics and my spouse has a B.A. in biochemistry. We both have authorship on published research; he has a graduate degree. My classmates who graduated with me in physics, from our liberal arts college that did not offer a B.S., have gone on to pursue engineering, several PhDs, some PhD/MDs, a PhD/JD...the liberal arts core that defined the "A" in our "B.A." served to enhance the STEM in our education, not to dilute it.)

Anyway the site that hosts this article is suspect, the purpose of the article's author is clearly political in nature, and I think the whole thing is a load of hooey. Read the original source and weigh in on that if you must, but I personally have no intent of making any judgment based only on this absurdly biased piece of "journalism."