Originally Posted by JonLaw
Originally Posted by ashley
I did not read the entire thread, but, when people run out of material for writing books, they then, try to make math about race, it seems. She does not know what the Hindu-Arabic numeral system is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu–Arabic_numeral_system

It is quite possible to be deeply ignorant if one is never taught about it in the textbooks that the elementary schools she went to used. It is also possible to be so ignorant if one is completely lacking in curiosity to do a simple Wiki lookup of what the origin of the number system she uses is. Certainly, no "whiteness" in its origin that I know of.

You do not seem to understand that mathematics is inherently racist.

Read the article referenced at the beginning of this thread again.

It clearly explains the racist nature of mathematics as well as why we need to engage in total war against mathematics itself.

We must win this war.

Ok, I understand. I love math, but since it is inherently racist, I will wage war against all known forms of mathematics cry

/off to cook dinner without using that racist math in my recipes

PS: Someone should let this professor know that it is OK to be not good at math. It takes all kinds to make the world, whatever floats your boat etc etc.
PS2: It is completely OK to take a stand against math based on the skin color of its origin and you may become a Professor one day who tells other teachers how to teach math.