For DS7, we started suspecting earlier but we sort of knew something was up when he was 4 years old and he mentioned that his friend's "hypothesis" was right. Apparently, he had learned about hypotheses from Dinosaur Train and applied the concept correctly to his friend's theory about newborn chicks (that the firstborn would probably be the biggest). And his interest in science continues - he just announced yesterday that he wants to study chemistry in university. Mind you, he "only" tested as MG.

DS6 is a bit more stealth, but he spontaneously started reading fluently last year when he'd just turned 5. And while that's not as early as some kids on here, it seems a bit odd to me that he's never actually been taught to read and yet it just happened. He was reading poems by Jack Prelutsky with perfect inflection yesterday and had no issue reading words like knucklehead. And he rolled his eyes at me when I asked him if he knew what "edible" meant. So we still don't know if he's gifted, but he's at least fairly bright and should have no problem in grade 1. smile

Honestly, we haven't had too many challenges yet given that their LOG is quite moderate, if at all. The biggest problem we've had is with DS7's overexcitabilities and his intensity. And now that his emotional maturity is slowing catching to his big emotions, he's doing a lot better. In a lot of ways, we're probably very lucky.