Thank you for all of these responses. makes me feel so much less alone. That's been my biggest issue, as a SAHM. None of the other SAHM's I know have kids that act like mine.
my own answers to my own questions:

1) about 2 weeks in. She was far too alert, looked for noises, looked for her dads voice, insisted on being propped up to see the room and turn her own head to look around.

2) a bit, as she got older. I thought that the earlier events were flukes, just really advanced pattern recognition (not realizing that that in itself was odd). My own brother was alert, and as he got older he picked up bigger words like a sponge, my sister was walking talking, running, smiling, etc all weeks and months ahead of time.

3) recently. Shes too young to be tested, but if this pattern continues then, I will. Even if she slows down she will still be on par with my family, which I learned, through all of this that my own parents are gifted, both in the 140's. I never knew.
I am thinking of having myself tested eventually, just for curiosities sake. I was homeschooled, but kept strictly in my grade, but thought that it was normal to test 6 grade levels ahead of my age group, to easily see patterns. I wished to blend in anyways.
It's odd, isn't it, how we research our children's oddities and find that we, ourselves, are also odd, or at least more odd than we had assumed.