3) I just found out DS6 is considered gifted.

1) I knew he was bright for sure since he was about a year old, but nothing screamed "this kid is gifted". He didn't do anything extraordinary as a baby, aside from turn the pages of books by 8-10 weeks, if I remember correctly (I think it was before I returned to work). He on the tail end of normal as far as verbal milestones, he's never been very articulate, he's not a font of knowledge, he has an immature sense of humor and a bunch of other things that made me think he was probably bright, but not gifted. He did do puzzles early, he learned his alphabet earlier than most kids and he has always liked numbers and counting. The ladies that ran his preschool would have college students in to help at times and often told us how they didn't tell the students that he was rather bright. The students would always come back to the teachers in disbelief after working one-on-one with him.

2)For me, probably only his ease in learning. He picks things up quickly compared to many other kids. On either side of our family (our first cousin's kids) there are at least 3, maybe 4 kids that I'd bet are gifted. One has been talking since 6 months, with full, clear sentences by 12 months. One could identify the make and model of almost any car at 3. He didn't even need to see the whole car, just part of it. My son didn't do any of that.

Last edited by zelda; 06/07/17 05:48 PM. Reason: more detail