Originally Posted by sanne
In my opinion, if a child is thriving in the current situation, don't accelerate. Save the "big guns" for when things are going badly and your child really needs to go up a level.

What behaviors are you seeing that make you concerned about another year of Pre-K? Why do you feel better about repeating K than pre-K?

DS4 is did fine in his current Pre-K class.

Why do I prefer PK K K over PK PK K?
In Pre-K he has his AM montessori teacher and in the afternoon he has a different teacher. The AM is all montessori, just what you would expect. The PM situation is more non-traditional he may come home with crafts or worksheets, but nothing like a plan that his AM teacher sets up for DS4. Also in Pre-K the student must go down for 90 minutes nap time, which he rarely does now.

I will also add that paying tuition plays a non-zero part in this decision as well. But I do think he would benefit for a K environment. He was already doing all K work in PK, so I think the transition is much smoother in this situation PK to K because he has already been in class with many of the kids, and the teacher would be the same for him this year.

If DS4 was just about 60 days older, he would make the age cutoff for K with no testing needed. smile

Last edited by Johnny; 06/01/17 10:45 AM.