Originally Posted by Jbell281
I have a daughter as well in K but she is an average student I could swear my oldest has ADHD but it has never affected him at school but he can not sit still!! Studying with him is the worst. I have asked teachers and they said he fidgets a lot but it does not interrupt his work. .

Two quick thoughts:
1) don't count out your daughter being gifted -- I thought mine was bright but pretty standard in K (did ask for harder math though); I always compared her to her brother's achievements and curiosity. Both kids ended up being tested, and her IQ scores were actually higher, LOL.
2) If fidgeting becomes at all disruptive, or you have adhd concerns, that may be a way to get the school to pay for testing... DS was tested (2nd grade) due to real concerns about OT issues, ADD, etc. DD was tested (2nd grade also) because she was having some behavior issues -- turns out she was just bored! The testing helps us be understanding, helps with advocacy (really, she truly needs more challenge, not just me being a hot-house parent!), and helps teachers understand where she's at a tiny bit (it also truly depends on the teacher... 3rd grade was fantastic due to teacher fit, 4th has been rocky).

You've gotten a ton of great info - I can't wait to go back through and thoroughly read some of these links! :-)