Originally Posted by Findingourpath
So some of it is child led and some of it I introduce to her and if she likes it we keep doing it. So I guess that stuff would be parent led? Should I stop introducing new things? I'm guessing I walk a balance between enriched since i follow her lead too and hot housing since I do introduce concepts to her as well to see if I inspire an interest?
I see introducing as normal good parenting. smile

I've been thinking about afterschooling if she doesn't seem challenged and I can't get teachers to budge?
Yes, unfortunately this is quite common. I say unfortunately because ideally kids should get academic instruction in the ZPD during the school day and have after-school time to dedicate to other types of learning experiences.

I know I can demand her be tested from the district at anytime
This sounds a bit harsh. Parents usually "request"... and the State law and/or school policies ensure compliance.

... but I don't think they have to give her a unique education plan if she is identified.
The answer will be found in the State Laws and/or school policies.

We have early entry kindergarten and I will look into the school board meetings smile never thought of that one.
Before you decide on early kindergarten, you may wish to read this roundup of discussion threads and resources on the pros-and-cons of acceleration. There is good and bad in everything. I am pro acceleration... believing it to often be the least-worst option when schools do not provide a gifted student with instruction in their ZPD, in the company of academic/intellectual peers.

And I Def will stay on the forum!
Great! We need parents to stay and help other newcomers. smile