Tigerle, we talked a bit about the 'behavior plan' today although we haven't had our full conference meeting about it yet. It sounds somewhat similar to the Kazdin method, lots of positive reinforcement and keeping closer track of when he's having issues throughout the day. I've read through the book a bit but didn't start to implement it at home because it seemed a bit rigid. I did like it though. The class actually already has a few reward systems, such as 'sprinkles' they can get on a cupcake and 'brag tags' that get handed out but both of those things are more for 'special occasion' types of good behavior.

I do think having a bit more data about when he's having trouble would be good. She's really not upset with him or trying to mean with him and I agree so far with the things she's been removing privileges for. I don't think he should be punished for looking at the ceiling or standing up a bit, but actively deciding to put random things on his head and run around seems to be taking it a bit too far, ha. I do hope she starts to get a bit more consistent though, at the moment she seems to be stuck in a bit of a 'big threat, then back off' sort of pattern, and he's definitely catching on. Nothing I can really do about it I don't think though.

I don't think my husband would ever want him to leave school and I'm honestly not sure it would help much although I may be wrong. It feels to me like he's just going to need to learn to handle this sort of environment, and giving him another year would just put him further behind.