Thanks Polar! Apparently, our District AT does not have that set of instructions as no one has mentioned it yet! The AT has to be addressed in the IEP, though - otherwise nothing will happen. Lesson learned.

Well, I have been working on some revisions that address naming some of the software/apps specifically without limiting DS to something that does not work.

This is what I have:

DS, with direct instruction and support, will become proficient in supported use of assistive technology (e.g speech-to-text, keyboarding, appropriate software and iPad applications such as snaptype), with the long-term goal of independent use of AT for writing and worksheets.
(short term goal that measures speech-to-text speed and accuracy?)
(goals to measure proficiency progress with software and apps, i.e., speed of setting up worksheets. There should be a way for us (the IEP team) to look at the goal and tell immediately whether he is objectively meeting or not meeting the goal, and whether he is making adequate progress toward unmet goals.)

Given a math assignment, DS will use appropriate math typing software, such as Efofex and other appropriate software applications, to independently solve at least 3/5 problems as measured by his work completion.
(goals to measure proficiency progress with Efofex , i.e., speed of setting up problems of average complexity for his math class. There should be a way for us (the IEP team) to look at the goal and tell immediately with no disagreement whether he is objectively meeting or not meeting the goal, and whether he is making adequate progress toward unmet goals.)
Baseline: Not yet attempted

A District Assistive Technology Consultant who is knowledgeable and experienced in using math typing software such as Efofex and other appropriate software applications will train teachers, support staff, and student in using math typing software such as Efofex and other appropriate software applications to assist Ben in accessing his math curriculum.
(When will the training happen? How many hours per week?)

Thoughts? Feedback? Suggestions?
Thanks!