Hi All, Good news - I am making decent progress with school and getting DS' Assistive Technology in the IEP. I need your help and feedback again! This is what the school put in the draft IEP regarding AT:

DS, with direct instruction, will become proficient in supported use of assistive technology (e.g speech-to-text, keyboarding), with the long-term goal of independent use of AT for writing and worksheets."

Given a math assignment, DS will use appropriate math software to independently solve 3/5 problems as measured by his work completion.

Baseline: Not yet attempted
Teachers, support staff, and student will be trained by technology department on software to help DS access his math curriculum.

I do not think it is specific enough. What do y'all think? Any proposed ways to make it more specific? Also, I want to actually name the program, Efofex. Not that that should be the only software, but I want it specified that we are at least going to use/try that software specifically. The school usually insists they can not do that but the "Assistive Technology Guide for IEP Teams" put out by our state department of education bureau of special education says it "is also acceptable to name a device in the IEP, when the IEP team determines that it is necessary."

Last edited by Irena; 06/09/16 09:45 AM.