Originally Posted by Skepchick
To be clear--DS has been a neophobe around food pretty much from the instant we tried transitioning him from baby food to actual food. It's the main reason he merited EI services way back when. But I'm always casting around to see if there's something I might have missed that I could try. This kid, man. If there was an Olympic Stubbornness team, he could be stubborn for his country.

I'll field the team for our country, and we can pit them against one another!

Seriously, I am glad for you that you were taken seriously and got services - no one ever took me seriously, until I phoned Dorfman. The ped told me I did not have a food problem, but a parenting problem. No kidding, ma'am.
But I believe you have an ASD diagnosis as well? In our case, DD always looked like this perfect kid at any appointment, no one saw the food berserker except for us and her DCP. Ha, they told us when we first dropped her off "you'll see, she'll eat with us and all the other kids!" with condescending smiles. Then, one month later, they came to us in desperation: "please please tell us what this kid actually will eat?!" - "well, nothing", I said. "I told you so."
We had buy in from them after that and they helped us with enforcing the vegetables first rule. It was great when they came up, elated, at pick up: "DD did not eat the vegetables, but today she tolerated them on her plate" and months later "DD has had THREE pieces of CAULIFLOWER today!" and we went woohoo! together.

Last edited by Tigerle; 06/01/16 01:25 AM.