That's an interesting idea about backing off making him try new foods. I'll float it with his ASD therapists and see what they think. Maybe I frame it as getting a summer break from trying new things. I'd still want to nudge him to continue to work with foods we've introduced but he hasn't yet accepted. I also feel it's important to put a firm end date on the break. Thank you!

He has been in public school since fall of 2013. The good news and bad news: peer pressure has virtually no effect on him in general, and no effect at all when it comes to food. When he started pre-K I sent bags of pre-cut apples (Crunch Pak brand) to school with him in his backpack to share when the kids had breakfast. (I wanted to make sure there was another breakfast option for fruit/veg beyond orange juice.) When I asked at the end of the year how that had gone, his teacher told me he had gone the whole school year being the only kid in the class who refused to eat them. (He does eat them now, no problem. I'm not exactly sure what got him to change his mind. It might have been getting apple slices in Wendy's kids' meals.)